No resident in the Sevenoaks District will miss a waste or recycling collection over the Christmas holidays, but there will be changes to many of the usual days.
Most collections will take place a day later than usual.
However, the Christmas Eve collection (Monday 24 December) will take place earlier on Saturday 22 December and the Christmas Day collection (Tuesday 25 December) will take place a day earlier on Monday 24 December.
The Monday collection on 31 December will take place as normal.
The same changes apply to the Garden Waste Collection Service.
Cllr Matthew Dickins, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Direct and Trading Services, says: “Our Refuse teams are once again going above and beyond over Christmas and New Year by working extra days to ensure no one will miss out on a collection.
“Residents are urged to check their collection days over the festive period and reminded to kindly ensure their sacks are put out by 7am on their collection day to prevent attracting animals and the build-up of litter.”
The Christmas collection arrangements can be viewed online at www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/christmas or by calling the Council on 01732 227000.
The revised collection days are:
• Monday 24 December collections will take place on Saturday 22 December
• Tuesday 25 December (Christmas Day) collections will take place on Monday 24 December
• Wednesday 26 December (Boxing Day) collections will take place on Thursday 27 December
• Thursday 27 December collections will take place on Friday 28 December
• Friday 28 December collections will take place on Saturday 29 December
• Monday 31 December collections will take place as normal
• Tuesday 1 January collections will take place on Wednesday 2 January
• Wednesday 2 January collections will take place on Thursday 3 January
• Thursday 3 January collections will take place on Friday 4 January
• Friday 4 January collections will take place on Saturday 5 January
• A normal collection service will resume from Monday 7 January